Tonight is the third night of the Hebrew month of Kislev (כִסְלֵו), and this is part 3 of an occasional series. It's shorter than some of the others, because, well, I didn't have as much material. Feel free to add to it in the comments!
- From Akkadian kislimu or kisliwu
- "the ninth month"
- Called "Kislev" in Zechariah 7:1 and Nehemiah 1:1, respectively:
א וַיְהִי בִּשְׁנַת אַרְבַּע, לְדָרְיָוֶשׁ הַמֶּלֶךְ; הָיָה דְבַר-ה' אֶל-זְכַרְיָה, בְּאַרְבָּעָה לַחֹדֶשׁ הַתְּשִׁעִי--בְּכִסְלֵו. 1 And it came to pass in the fourth year of king Darius, that the word of the LORD came unto Zechariah in the fourth day of the ninth month, even in Chislev.
- 25th of Kislev to the 2nd of Tevet: the holiday of Hanukah
- Letter: samech (ס)
- Color: blue-violet
- Zodiac sign: bow (the bow of the Maccabees)
- Tribe: Benjamin (בִּנְיָמִין)
- Sense: sleep (now this is one I can get behind! mmmm....sleep....Kislev is a very sleepy month, come to think of it)
- Controlling organ/limb: belly
Today is also the day that some people observe Veterans' Day. Thank you to all of the veterans of the armed forces who sacrifice so much in their service to this country.