- turned 30 (not so traumatic, I have fantastic friends and family!)
- spent another month working in Jerusalem and loving it
- packed up and moved back to New York City
- gone to my very first National Havurah Institute
- lived in a bedroom without furniture (sleeping on futon) for two weeks
- spent eight hours moving boxes and furniture from my brother's apartment and a storage facility back to my apartment
- moved back into my old bedroom, and, more critically, my old bed!
- welcomed my new roommate
- hosted a Friday night dinner for two sisters, one cousin, one brother, and one future sister-in-law
- hosted two sisters and a cousin in my apartment (we all slept together in my air-conditioned bedroom on one very hot Friday night and had a lot of fun remembering being kids and sharing a bedroom at my grandparents' home over Thanksgiving)
- spent 6+ (7+? 8+?) hours going dress-shopping with my mother and suit-shopping with my father (for my brother's wedding in May)
- threw, together with three siblings and one cousin, a 60th birthday party for my father and uncle (twins), which was attended by 20+ family members
I am so sorry for the very long silence. In the over two months since I've written, I:
Now the family is gone. The apartment is a disaster. I have not unpacked at all, and there is much cleaning to be done. I begin the next phase of my institutional life this coming Wednesday, so I'm hoping to get all of this stuff done before then.