.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

1.21.2006

I can't say I disagree...

with this editorial from the Boston Globe about the portrayal of Jewish women in Hollywood. I feel like I've become somewhat, well, used to these popular images of Jewish women and they don't bother me as much as they should.

Although I enjoyed watching Prime (parts of it were funny, maybe "enjoy" is too strong a word), I was a little bothered by Meryl Streep's portrayal of a very stereotypical middle aged Jewish woman. I think that she is a great, very convincing actress (I have thought this especially since seeing Angels in America), but the stereotype was disturbing. Maybe not as much as it should have been, though.

P.S. Welcome to any new visitors who are here from Drew Kaplan's blog. And thanks for the mention, Drew!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?