.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

8.02.2006

Reading for Tisha B'Av

Lord knows that there is plenty to talk and think about this Tisha B'Av. Here are two good places to start.

Josh writes about corruption masked in goodness and what the prophets tell us that God really wants. He points out that fasting for one day is much easier than getting up and doing something about all of the poor, needy people of the world. Right on! (And early wishes for a happy birthday, Josh.)

Elie writes
about morning for personal, rather than communal, reasons. It resonated with me. I don't think it's possible to engage in communal mourning unless you've engaged in personal mourning at some point in your life. Loss on that magnitude starts with the loss of one human life.

I thought I would have more to link to, but I don't. If you have other Tisha B'Av things that you think merit linkage, feel free to put them in the comments.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Thanks for the link, and nice blog! I'll be adding you to my blogroll.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?