.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

2.12.2006

Snow! (now updated)

Now
An intense band of heavy snow will continue to slowly push east through 11 am...producing snowfall rates possibly as high as 3 to 5 inches per hour. Between 8 and 12 inches of additional snow may be possible during this time. Heavy snow will combine with winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph to create visibilities near zero at times. Hold off any travel plans until later as roads will be extremely dangerous.

This Afternoon
Snow ending by late afternoon. Blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times with visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Total accumulation of 1 to 2 feet. Highs in the upper 20s. North winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
Brrrrrrrr! Need I say more?

Gee, I sure am lucky that I have enough cleaning, filing, clean-laundry-putting-away, and general household chores to keep me from going outside today!

Update at 11:34 pm: It was the biggest snowstorm in New York City history and I mostly missed it! I didn't leave the house until 4 pm, and when I did, I went around the block to the pharmacy to drop off a prescription and then I went around the corner to Starbucks to work for two hours, and then I went home and worked some more and learned with BZ and worked some more and that brings me to now, which is bedtime. I did cross two streets, which proved somewhat difficult, but I basically missed the storm. I'm sort of sad, but when I have to fight through it to get to work tomorrow, I'll probably be glad that I mostly stayed toasty warm and dry today. I wanted to go frolic in Central Park in the snow earlier today, but that would have required having spare time, which, alas, I did not. I feel like I frolicked enough in big snowstorms in my hometown to be okay about this, though.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?