.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

12.21.2005

Strike (day) two! More observations from the field

(Image courtesy of the NYT.)

I walked to work again this morning. As I started out, I was thinking, "This was fun once, but doing this every day could get old mighty fast." It's two miles and it was 26 degrees outside this morning. Luckily, I managed to get a ride home from work last night, which was much appreciated. It's one thing to walk two miles in the morning, and quite another to walk them at night.

However, I really like sunshine and walking, both of which were in abundance this morning. Once I put on a little Ella Fitzgerald and Duke Ellington and went on my merry way, I was happy as a clam. It felt so good to be outside in the fresh air, or what passes for fresh air in these parts. I gained a renewed appreciation for Central Park.

Along the way, I observed:
I want to bring a camera with me tomorrow morning, if the strike is still on.

Also, this graphic from today's New York Times, especially "The Worst Affected" graphic, supports my assertion that the worst affected by this strike are the people who live the farthest out and rely on the transit system the most.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?